- Olive oil (or butter) – 4 Tbsp
- Greek Yogurt – 5.3oz (one small container)
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla extract – 2/3 tsp
- Ripe mashed bananas – 2
- Carrot granules – 4 Tbsp
- Stevia in the Raw – 2 packets (if no Stevia, use 2 Tbsp honey for 7 g added sugar per muffin)
- Oats – 1 cup
- Flour – 3/8 cup
- Carrot powder – 2 Tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Pumpkin pie spice – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350o F
- In a small bowl: thoroughly mix olive oil/butter, Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, ripe mashed bananas, carrot granules and Stevia.
- In a medium bowl: mix together the oats, flour, carrot powder, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry until a uniform consistency is achieved. Lightly grease (or line) muffin tins and spoon batter into tins until 3/4 full. Bake at 350o F for 24-26 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Per muffin: 32g CHO, 10g sugar, 1 combined serving of fruits and vegetables